UNC Kenan-Flagler has partnered with Dropbox to provide Dropbox for Business accounts for full-time faculty and full-time staff members. You can request a Kenan-Flagler Dropbox account, by contacting the IT Service Desk.
- Our Dropbox accounts are managed by UNC Kenan-Flagler IT. Dropbox runs the service.
- You can log in to your Dropbox account using your Business account credentials.
- It’s possible to link to a personal account from your UNC Kenan-Flagler Dropbox account so you can access both simultaneously. Personal and business accounts require separate email addresses. Even though they are linked, the data in each account is completely separate, and Dropbox admins cannot view or manage personal Dropbox accounts.
- Was your Dropbox invitation sent to your personal address? Request a new one to be sent to your UNC Kenan-Flagler email address before continuing.
Get StartedIf you just want to dive in, use Dropbox's Get Started Guide.
Need Help?If you need help with your UNC Kenan-Flagler Dropbox account, don’t hesitate to contact the IT Service Desk.
Activate Your Account
UNC Kenan-Flagler Dropbox accounts are provided by your school or center. Look for the invitation email with directions on how to set up a new account and/or manage any existing Dropbox accounts you may have. You can also refer to Join UNC Kenan-Flagler Dropbox for answers to the following questions:
- What if I don’t have a Dropbox account?
- What if I already have a Dropbox account?
- What if I’m not sure if I have a Dropbox account or not?
Logging in to Dropbox
UNC Kenan-Flagler Dropbox offers Single Sign-on (SSO) access, which means you can log in using your Business account credentials. When you’re ready to sign in, enter your @kenan-flagler.unc.edu email address in the “Email” box. Then Dropbox will prompt you to continue with your Business account credentials.
Installation and Setup
Now that you have an account and you’re logged in, just a few more steps will get you up and running.
Dropbox provides easy-to-follow directions for many of the features that the UNC Kenan-Flagler community will find attractive. Here are ways you can use Dropbox.
Sharing Your WorkDropbox makes it easy to share your work and collaborate.
- Collaborate using shared folders
- Provide view-only access to files
- Create and manage groups
- File requests
- Add comments to files
- Organize folders
Storage and Security
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I put sensitive data in my Dropbox space?
While Dropbox is approved for business use, it is not approved for storing sensitive information. Sensitive information is defined as information that is protected against unwarranted disclosure. (http://help.unc.edu/help/what-is-sensitive-data/) Access to sensitive information should be safeguarded. If you need to store sensitive information, please notify the Kenan-Flagler Information Technology department or the UNC Information Security Office.
How do I connect or disconnect my personal account to my UNC Kenan-Flagler Dropbox?
Dropbox provides instructions for connecting your personal and Business accounts here: https://www.dropbox.com/help/4270.
How do I sign in to a personal and work account on all my devices?
Instructions for downloading and using Dropbox across your devices can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/help/4238.
I can't add my UNC Kenan-Flagler Dropbox account to my mobile devices, which are already linked to my pre-existing personal Dropbox account
Log in to your UNC Kenan-Flagler Dropbox account on the web (not on a mobile device). Click on your name and then “Settings”. From there, you can link your personal and Business accounts. All of your devices should instantly recognize the change and give you the option of selecting your personal or UNC Kenan-Flagler Dropbox. If you continue to have issues with this, reach out to your Internet Service Provider or let us know.
Should I use my @kenan-flagler.unc.edu email address or my @unc.edu address for Dropbox?
Use your UNC Kenan-Flagler email. You should sign up with firstname.lastname@example.org.
Which password should I use: UNC Onyen or Business Account?
Use your Business account password.