VPN (Cisco AnyConnect) Instructions
The VPN (Cisco AnyConnect) software allows a secure connection from your device to UNC-Chapel Hill's network. It is used for students, faculty, staff who are accessing KFBS network drives (L:), for off-campus connections to Connect Carolina, and for improving performance on staff/faculty laptops. DUO two-factor service is required to use the VPN.
- Register for DUO for two-factor (if not already)
- Download Cisco AnyConnect VPN from UNC-Chapel Hill :
- Sign in with UNC-Chapel Hill Onyen username
- Use "push" as verification option for convenience with DUO app for iPhone/Android
VPN Login Information
- Server = vpn.unc.edu
- Click Connect
- Group = UNCCampus
- Username = Onyen username, Password = Your Onyen password
- Second Password = 'push' for DUO app, or 'sms' for text verification.
- If connection drops - Restart your Windows PC or Mac
- Physically move closer to wireless router